Advanced Custom Fields and SiteOrigin’s Page Builder are one of the best WordPress plugins out there. By default, both plugins don’t have a clear connection on how they will integrate to each other. This is a good alternative if you’re looking for ACF layout page builder. Flexible content on ACF Pro is a good choice too but it’s more complicated.
How to Integrate ACF and SiteOrigin Page Builder?
- The first step is to install both plugins.
- Create your usual custom field.
- Make a loop page template. This can be done by creating a file loop-[anytitle].php inside your active theme.
- Inside the loop template, add the ACF code for your custom field.
- Create a page and layout using the SiteOrigin page builder.
- Add a widget and choose “loop post”
- Pick the loop that you created from the drop down.
- Preview your work.
If you’re too lazy to follow my confusing instruction, you may watch the step by step video tutorial below: